HOW can YOU make a difference!
- When brushing your teeth, turn the water off until it is time to rinse.
- Do not use hot water when cold will do. Water and energy can be saved that way!
- Never use the toilet as a disposal. This wastes so much water!!
- Wash your hair in the shower to save water!
- If you do not have a shower...then use less water in the tub.
- Take a shower instead of taking a bath. Showers with low flow showerheads often use less water than taking a bath.
- Take shorter showers and install a cut off valve or turn off the water while washing and back on when you need to rinse.
- Install a low-flow showerhead that limits the flow from the shower to less than three gallons per minute.
- If you shave with the tap on, you use an estimated 10 to 20 gallons each time! Turn the tap off.
- Washing dishes with the tap running can use an average of 30 gallons of water! Turn the tap off...Save Water Now.
- You can use more than 5 gallons of water is you keep the tap running while you brush your teeth! Save Water ...turn it off!
- Don't wash dishes with continuously running water, instead, fill a dishpan for washing and one for rinsing. Protect Each Drop!
Watershed Protection: Water Protect Each Drop is brought to you
by Alamo RCD Area Inc.
You can protect each drop....one drop at a time!
In a Dozen WAYS!